wtorek, 12 maja 2015

The Master and Margarita



In the first half of the 20th century Mikhail Bulgakov created a unique book which has set people  to think of sense and its implication. Its uniqueness consists of the untypical plot and satirical style. 
Five years ago it was my first encounter with the book. At that time I didn't quite understand  where is that intention and what exactly Bulgakov wanted us to know or to comprehend. 
It is spring out there now and I felt that it's excelent time to come back to this book, to enjoy the reading and try to understand what I didn't catch las time. 
I'm only halfway finished. I should admit that at age 21 some things are becoming more obvious than when you're a teenager, but this book still hides a lot of mysteries from me. This is one of the book which is always new for you every time you read it. It is surprisingly wonderful ! I like Bogakov's style, it's so deep, enriching and satirical at the same time. Every his work (story or novel) possesses an extraordinary, deep plot, which has references to the past or to the present (f.ex AD 20-30th and 1930th in this particular novel). 

I'm really curious about my impression of the book five or ten years later... 

1 komentarz:

  1. I think this is the sort of book that you can always read differently, every time you approach it. Recently I listened to a BBC radio drama adaptation of it, and it was phenomenal! Very different from the book, but definitely a new and interesting experience.

    OdpowiedzUsuń